The department of fishery science started in the year 1990 to 91 with the strength of just 05 students; during the course of time the strength steadily increase in the current academic year 2016 – 2017 strength has 46 students.
The Fishery department has impart the basic education in fishery science to acquaint the students with diversities in fish life. The department has focused on ecological importance of fish fauna as well as sustainable use of fisheries resources for the betterment of mankind without interfering the ecosystem.
The department of fishery science undertakes the survey and projects to identify and solve the problems of local area on fishery point of view. The fishery science students making aware about the resent trends in the development of fishery science.
Strong points of the Department:
- The research center of the department has MOU with institute of parasitology, biology center, academy of sciences Czech Republic, Branisovaska 31, 37005, Cask Budejovice, Czech Republic – Jan 2011.
- Parasitological Institute Slovak Academy of the science Hlinkova 3, 04001 Kosice, Slovak Republic – January 2011.
- It is one of the optional applied subjects.
- The results of B.Sc I, II & III of the last batches are 100 %.
- The department have qualified faculty.
- The department has well furniture and equip.
- The department have staff room and fishery laboratory.
Courses offered (with the intake capacity):
|Sr. No.||Name of the Course||Duration||Intake Capacity|
1. for UG : 12th Science at least 60 %.
The department of fishery science has separate laboratory with required facilities such as light, fans, continuous water supply and furniture.
- The list of equipments
- Centrifuse Machine
- PH Meter
- Water bath
- Microtomy machine
- Hot air ovan
- Dissecting microscope
- Binacular Microscope
- Micro Occculo meter
- Soil analysis kit
- Psacro meter
- Models of crafts and gears
- B)Teaching Aids
- Overhead projector
- LCD projector
Any other facilities
Fish aquarium sets
- Recognized as a P.G teacher
- Invitee BOS members
- Worked as paper setter examiner, moderator,
- Worked as a co- ordinator for wall poster and study tor
- Department receives UGC grants under CPE I, II, &IIIrd
- Worked as a ACS & JCS in examination of SRTMU Nanded.
Guide for Ph.D.?, if yes, Intake Capacity
Total Ph.D. /M.Phil.
|Total enrolment for Ph.D.|
|Dr. Mrs. S. S Kadam||9422176532||M.Sc., Ph.D||No||--||--|
Research Projects : Nil
Name of the students passed in Net/Set etc. (Last 5 Years) : Nil
|Sr. No||Name of Students||Position|
|1||Dr. Sakhre V.B||Asst. Professor,Yogeshwari College, Ambajogai. Dist. Beed.|
|2.||Dr.Deshmukh D.R||Asst. Professor. SantDnyaneshwar college Paithan. Dist. Aurangabad|
|3||Miss. SeemaKorde||Asst. Professor. Azad college. Ausa|
|4||Mrs. Dr.MangalKadam||Asst. Professor, Yashwant College, Nanded|
|5||Dr. Sanjay Niture||Asst. Professor, Shivaji college, Udgir, DistLatur|
|6||Dr. Ashwin Kumar Shinde||Asst. Professor, Azad college. Ausa Dist. Latur|
|7||Mr. SushilGhumre||Asst. Professor, college Arts, Comm& Science ChiplunDistRatnagiri|
|8||Mr. Shivaji Paul||Asst. Professor, MadhavraoPatil College Palam District Parbhani.|
|9||Mr. C.S Gore||Teacher S.S.M’S School at village TalniTq – HadgaonDist - Nanded|